With only 27mm x 27mm the QS module family has very compact dimensions. They include a complete embedded System on Module with processor, PMIC, RAM and flash memory. Because of the very dense packaging on the top side, there are no components on the bottom side of the module, cut-outs on the base board are not required. The pin compatible family concept provides all important interfaces needed for embedded designs, e.g. USB, Gigabit-Ethernet, display and many serial interfaces.
The new QS Series is a QFN Style Solder-Down Computer On Module. The series consists of 2 types of processors; a NXP variant and a STM variant. Reel and Cut Tape versions are available for pick-and-place machines.
The module with a small square size of 27mm and a height of 2.3mm is single-sided assembled. Its QFN type lead style has a 1mm pitch with 100 pads. The ground pad additionally acts as thermal pad.
With the special design of KaRo’s QS Series you profit from different advantages:
- Large ground pad on the bottom side makes a defined ground plane connection available for all signals.
- The pinout leads to an easy wiring without crossing.
- Ground will be connected near the signal pin to avoid loop areas.
- High speed signals can be routed on the top layer at a defined impedance.
- Ground pad holds the component at a defined height during soldering.
Flexibility, high performance and easy integration
- All signal connections are located at the module edges, allowing easy optical inspection during production. The modules can be assembled by automatic pick & place machines without any mechanical assembly work necessary.
- The pin-optimized QS concept enables the use of a simple, cost-effective 2-layer base board.
- To support a quick evaluation and project start, a starter kit, with included schematics and bill of materials, is available.