Functional testing is a quality assurance (QA) process that bases its test cases on the specifications of the software component under test. Functions are tested by feeding them input and examining the output, and internal program structure is rarely considered. Functional testing is conducted to evaluate the compliance of a system or component with specified functional requirements.
Arttest is a powerful tool for functional testing of MATLAB®/Simulink® models as recommended by ISO 26262. Arttest provides solutions for authoring, managing and reviewing simulation-based tests. A domain-specific language reflects the elements of semi-formal textual requirements that are widely used in the industry to maintain a high reidentification between requirements and tests. Arttest is particularly suitable for rapidly specifying signal-based tests on a large scale without programming knowledge, executing them automatically and reusing the tests over product generations in large teams.
Functional testing solutions
To complement our line of test solutions, we also offer highly compact ‘all-in-one’ modular functional test systems controllable via conventional functional test software or boundary scan tools. These functional testers are truly ‘designed for test’ and include a unique technology providing high speed system shutdown in cases where the UUT may be at risk of damage. The modular setup of the system allows it to be re-used for a range of target boards for low to medium volume sizes and comes at a price that will surprise any test engineer familiar with test stand development.
Key features of Logic Technology’s Electronics Test solutions:
- Fast test development
- Test without firmware
- Fast board debug and fault finding
- Test with fewer test points
- Functional Circuit Test solution for electronics PCBAs /UUTs
- Supports both volume and high-mix batch production
- Highly suited to design verification for safe power up and test of prototypes
- Quick and easy UUT loading solutions
- Small, lightweight, portable and easy to store
- Requires maximum of 2 external connections (PSU, Comms)
- Measurements and test inputs are generated inside the unit
- Includes a range of highly stable and accurate peripheral cards
- Communication via Ethernet or native JTAG
- Includes advanced protection features for safely powering up PCBAs/UUTs
- Lower test development and test stand costs
- Flexible integration into total test solutions