SQL Database Interface
Our eXtremeSQL database interface is a high-performance implementation of the SQL language for eXtremeDB. eXtremeDB combined with eXtremeSQL is an ideal solution for application development in fields where reliable responsiveness is a must and SQL is the dominant database language.
eXtremeDB with eXtremeSQL can be used as a persistent SQL database, an in-memory SQL database, and as a client/server or embedded database system.
eXtremeSQL can also be used with the provided xSQL program, as a powerful and highly flexible database server and client that can manage local, remote, and distributed eXtremeDB databases. xSQL is fully configurable through a simple text-based (JSON) configuration file, and can execute SQL statements interactively or via batch scripts. In addition, xSQL supports a variety of commands that exercise eXtremeDB features such as online/incremental backup and restore, performance monitoring and diagnostics, and more. Because xSQL can operate as both a database server and as a client, it provides access to the full breadth of eXtremeDB’s capabilities, without coding.
- Learn more about xSQL in our online documentation
- Incremental backup automatically detects the changes in a database, and only backs those up, speeding up that process.
- eXtremeDB is a flexible database for embedded and client/server
The benefits of using eXtremeSQL Database Interface
- It co-exists with native eXtremeDB. Use eXtremeSQL alongside the eXtremeDB embedded database API in the same system, to take advantage of both maximum performance and higher level access.
- eXtremeSQL offers support for the extensive library of pipelining vector-based statistical functions for time series data analytics in eXtremeDB for HPC.
- Compatibility with eXtremeDB High Availability, eXtremeDB Cluster, and eXtremeDB Active Replication Fabric for the IoT.
- Scalability through sharding and a sophisticated distributed query engine.
- Advanced JDBC and ODBC drivers
- All the flexibility of a hybrid persistent and in-memory SQL database system.
- eXtremeDB High Availability offers 99.999% uptime for systems that can’t afford to fail
- Pipeline data with a eXtremeDB’srich library of vector-based statistical functions.
- eXtremeSQL and time series data
- eXtremeDB Active Replication Fabric offers reliable data management for IoT by solving 5 challenges for IoT system developers