BlinkBoot® UEFI Boot Loader
- A fast, secure and customizable boot loader for devices that do not require a full BIOS solution
- Designed to execute the minimal number of instructions necessary to boot a device in the fastest time possible
- UEFI-based, modular and secure
- Initializes silicon, prepares hardware and loads an OS kernel (e.g. Linux) in milliseconds
- Packaged with a unique tool set which provides a simple and flexible way of customizing build-time and run-time options; BlinkBuild™, BlinkFlash™, BlinkDebug™ and BlinkShell™.
- Extendable through add-on packages called “Lenses” that add features/functionality for each specific lens added to the base package of BlinkBoot
- Royalty-free and subscription-based
Engineered For The Internet Of Things
BlinkBoot was designed from the ground up as an optimal firmware solution for IoT devices. Unlike many open source boot loaders, BlinkBoot is based on UEFI, a mature, well-understood, and flexible industry standard that has been widely used for over 10 years. This provides BlinkBoot inherent advantages over other solutions, including the way it leverages UEFI’s proven security infrastructure for device security and operating system and applications authentication.
BlinkBoot Lenses Add Functionality
Blinkboot is extensible with add-on packages. An add-on package is called a “lens.”
BlinkBoot Lenses include:
A Royalty-Free Subscription-Based Solution
BlinkBoot is offered under subscription-based pricing and is royalty-free.
- BlinkBoot subscription service includes BlinkBox tools (BlinkBuild™, BlinkFlash™, BlinkDebug™ and BlinkShell™)
- Subscription pricing is based on:
- The number of SoCs being supported by BlinkBox, discounted when more than 1 SoC is licensed at the same time
- The number of lenses that are included–flexible packaging to include only the features required
“We successfully launched our Industrial Notebook with Insyde H2O EFI Framework. Thanks to the whole INSYDE and Logic Team for their excellent support during the whole development!”-Siemens A&D – Rolf Köppel, Manager Firmware Development
Does your embedded system require fast booting?
Contact our experts to learn more about which BIOS solution is best for your project.